The topic of war has been well trodden.
I have however, found some incredibly stark footage from concentration camps which has changed my understanding of the horrors of war.
When told that war has no winners, is horrible, bad etc.. I would usually agree. However, I don't think I've ever really UNDERSTOOD quite how brutal and meaningless it really is.
With the ideas of war and heroism being glorified in the media I think the mental image people generally have on the topic is one of heros, excitement, action, and friendship, rather than the reality which includes anger, brutality, cruelty and death.
I intend to display these two separate outlooks in such a way that shows people the other side of war that isn't often shown (or of it is its in a stylized way which separates the viewer from the truth and rawness of actual death) next to the current glorified outlook and next to training footage of eager soldiers who seem unaware that the diagrams they see are actually teaching them the art of killing.
I hope to reveal the make-up that is washed over the topic, which makes it easy for general consumption and even enjoyment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment